Last night I had the joy of projectile vomit from my lovely two year old. Was she sick, nope. She was just throwing a tantrum. Yup, whenever my daughter throws a full out fit, she throws up. This is not just her gagging but run for cover vomiting. And of course, her drink of choice is milk. So I must say that I have since become a little bit of a connoisseur in removing puke from different items, the top two being my daughter's pillow pet and her bunny.
It really doesn't take much skill, rather a strong stomach. You have to be gentle, those are special objects but you have to be rough, there's puke all over them and they are furry. Plus, you have to get them clean enough without getting them soaked because God forbid she sleep without one of them for the night. Did I mention I don't have a washer and dryer so this is all done by hand.
I have acquired many products to help in the cleaning endeavor. My favorite is a long handled brush so there is a less of a chance that I actually touch anything plus I can hold the object further from my nose. I also don't use any cleaners simply because even though it still smells, Ashley will still cuddle with the pillow pet and suck on the bunny's nose (yes, she really does). Same reason I can't use soap. But boy do I go to town on everything else. Oh, I also bath the child because at this point she stinks. I love her to death but I don't want her coming near me smelling like that (you just have to hope that the bunny doesn't come anywhere near you until it gets a bath in the washing machine).
Of course, once she throws up all is fine. Why, she finally gets all the attention. Until Elizabeth starts screaming and Ashley quickly lets me know that "baby cwying" and it all starts over.
No comments:
Post a Comment