Monday, January 30, 2012

Pride

Pride is said to be a sin but gosh darn it, my kids make me so proud.  

On Sunday, my oldest step-son, Austin, had a wrestling meet.  We missed his first match which was disappointing but we made it to his last.  I am PROUD to say that he won both.   I love standing next to people and listening to them comment about how good he is and how he will go far in wrestling.  I also love when we are leaving and talk to a random person who is bitching about how their son/grandson lost his match only to find out that they lost to Austin.  

Or this past summer, Logan, who is a fantastic fisherman, caught a very large salmon in Lake Michigan.  He is so patient and really knows the water.  He carried that fish down the pier, other fisherman stopping him to congratulate him on his catch (apparently no one else was having any luck).  I felt so PROUD of him.  He finally had his moment to shine and quite frankly, he doesn't get very many of them.

I have been told by Ashley's daycare providers that she is the best child that they have ever watched.  She is so calm and behaved and just really is an all round good kid.  As a baby she rarely cried (granted now she throws tantrums galore but then again she is a toddler), would play well with others, etc.  I love hearing people say that they wish all the kids were like Ashley.  I am PROUD to say that she is my daughter.

Elizabeth, after a crazy birth was just perfect.  7lbs, 7oz, 21.5 inches long she was the epitome of a Gerber baby.  I didn't get to see her right after I gave birth to her since she came out pooping (a big no no), the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck and she was blue.  It was nearly an hour before I got to see her, let alone hold her.  But you know, even though we didn't get that immediate skin to skin contact she nursed like a champ.  In fact, the lactation consultant said she wished that she could take Elizabeth around to all the other babies and show them how to nurse.  I'm PROUD of my champion nurser.

Needless to say, I think a little bit of pride is good.  I am so proud of my children and everything they do.  Whether they are 2 months old or 12 years old they are all great children.  Granted we have our rough spots but they are all amazing and I wouldn't change my life for the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment